Location: Horotiu, Hamilton, New Zealand
Post date: 26 August 2022
Close date: 25 September 2022
We have a great opportunity for an analytical thinker to join our highly motivated Product Development Team as a Software Engineer.
You will play a key role in envisioning and creating software and firmware solutions for new and existing products and systems to benefit our customers and align with our global strategy. We are looking for someone that has passion; and can relate and embody our values – People First, Curious and Courageous. Pride, Agile, we find a way!
You will need to be self-motivated and a good communicator, with good organising and priority setting skills to ensure key milestones and deliverables are met. Experience in understanding the key concepts of best practice project management would be beneficial to manage a diverse and flexible portfolio.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL YOU WILL:
• Have a relevant degree in software engineering or computer science
• Knowledge of web application architecture
• Proficient coding practice and documentation
• Excellent written and oral communication
• Display personal integrity, honesty, and accountability
• Able to build strong, positive relationships internally and externally
• Be approachable and flexible
• Experience with IDE tools e.g., Eclipse, Gradle and Atom would be highly beneficial
BENEFITS OF JOINING THE TEAM
• A chance to contribute in the fast-growing Agri-tech sector
• Be part of a highly energized and passionate team
• Opportunity to further develop your career
• Recognition of Long service
• Annual Flu vaccinations
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Waikato Milking Systems is one of the world’s leading designers and manufacturers of dairy systems and technology. Our focus is on high performing milking solutions and dairy technology including rotary milking systems, herringbone and parallel systems, dairy automation, milk yield recording, cow identification, animal heat and health systems, sorting and animal management, dairy management systems and milk cooling. Waikato Milking Systems global headquarters and engineering divisions are located in Hamilton, NZ with offices and Warehouses in Australia, USA, UK, Ireland, and China, with agents and customers in every dairying nation in the world.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you think you have what it takes, then we would love to hear from you. Applicants must have the right to live and work in NZ. Please note our pre-employment process includes a ministry of justice check.