Metal Finisher - Stainless & Steel Components
Location: Waikato, Hamilton, New Zealand
We are looking for an energetic ‘all-rounder, at our Horotiu Head Office.
This workshop-based role has good variety undertaking metal finishing activities including stainless steel grinding and polishing, stainless steel bead blasting, stainless steel electropolishing, steel sand blasting and spray painting. You will also undertake general workshop duties as assigned, e.g., light fabrication, component assembly or any other task related to manufacturing operations.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL YOU WILL:
· Any relevant trade experience is advantageous but not essential e.g., panel beating, painting, light engineering, workshop experience
· Be physically fit and comfortable with safe manual lifting tasks
· Be comfortable in noisy, dusty and at times confined working environments
· Be able to work with resins, abrasives, paints, chemical cleaning, and prepping agents
· Be able to wear full PPE gear in accordance with all safety and operational protocols
· Have a great eye for detail and be quality minded by nature
· Have a strong understanding of metal finishing requirements, including internal and external surface finishes and standards relating to the Dairy Industry
BENEFITS OF JOINING THE TEAM:
· Competitive hourly rates
· Great team environment
· Family orientated/flexibility
· Modern facilities
· Supportive training environment and cross skilling opportunities
· Recognition of Long Service
· Annual Flu vaccinations /hearing testing
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Waikato Milking Systems is one of the world’s leading designers and manufacturers of dairy systems and technology. Our focus is on high performing milking solutions and dairy technology including rotary milking systems, herringbone and parallel systems, dairy automation, milk yield recording, cow identification, animal heat and health systems, sorting and animal management, dairy management systems and milk cooling. Waikato Milking Systems global headquarters and engineering divisions are located in Hamilton, NZ with offices and Warehouses in Australia, USA, UK, Ireland, and China, with agents and customers in every dairying nation in the world.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you think you have what it takes, then we would love to hear from you. Applicants must have the right to live and work in NZ. Please note our pre-employment process includes a ministry of justice check. Please note our pre-employment process includes a ministry of justice check.
You can call Denise Thomas, Head of People & Capability for a confidential chat on 021 314 571.