Location: Hamilton, New Zealand
Post date: 3 November 2021
Close date: 2 December 2021
Waikato Milking Systems is one of the world’s leading designers and manufacturers of dairy systems and technology. Our focus is on high performing milking solutions and dairy technology including rotary milking systems, herringbone and parallel systems, dairy automation, milk yield recording, cow identification, animal heat and health systems, sorting and animal management, dairy management systems and milk cooling. Waikato Milking Systems global headquarters and engineering divisions are in Hamilton, NZ with offices and Warehouses in Australia, USA, UK, Ireland, and China, with agents and customers in every dairying nation in the world.
We have a new position available at our Horotiu headquarters for an energetic ‘all-rounder.’
This workshop-based role has good variety, undertaking a range of metal finishing activities including stainless steel grinding and polishing, stainless steel bead blasting, stainless steel electropolishing, steel sand blasting and spray painting.
In addition, you will also provide general engineering support across the group and undertake additional workshop duties as assigned, which may include light fabrication, component assembly or any other task directly related to manufacturing operations.
To be effective in this role you will need:
- Any relevant trade experience is advantageous but not essential e.g., panel beating, painting, light engineering, workshop experience
- Physically fit and comfortable with safe manual lifting tasks
- Comfortable in noisy, dusty and at times confined working environments
- Able to work with a variety of resins, abrasives, paints, chemical cleaning, and prepping agents
- Able to wear full PPE gear in accordance with all safety and operational protocols
- Have a great eye for detail and be quality minded by nature
- Have a very good understanding of metal finishing requirements, including internal and external surface finishes and standards relating to the Dairy Industry
We are a tight and committed team who work and communicate well together so if you are someone who understands and enjoys this way of working, we will be a good ‘fit’ for you. You will need to be approachable, have a strong work ethic and committed to a high standard of work.
So, if you have some related experience, a meticulous nature and enjoy ensuring the final product is at its absolute best before it leaves for its new home, then we are looking for you!
We are seeking someone with personal values that match ours; People first, Curious & Courageous, Pride, Agile, we find a way!
In return we can offer a chance to further develop your skills in a family-oriented, team first environment that celebrates employee service.