Location: United Kingdom / Ireland
Post date: 20 April 2021
Close date: 20 May 2021
Passionate about the Agricultural sector? Love all things mechanical and electronic? Work best with degree of self-management?
At Waikato Milking Systems our roots are firmly established in the Waikato region of New Zealand, but over the last 60 years we have been evolving and we are now a global company installing and servicing our own high specification milking machine technology and associated products worldwide. We are proud of our innovation and designs which are reliable, durable and require minimal maintenance. We are constantly striving to innovate and bring new technologies to the market that support the profitability and wellbeing of our customers; farmers.
This role has primary technical responsibility for the UK, Ireland and wider Europe building trust and long-term relationships primarily with our dealers and sales personnel. It involves ensuring installations meet our high standards, support dealers particularly on high end automation projects and carries out technical visits to dealer and customers. You will never be short of a challenge in this exciting role.
Communication is ‘key’ as you interact via phone and e mail within market with our dealers, customers and sales team members across the UK and Ireland as well as with your NZ based manager and technical support peers to ensure we provide the ‘complete’ end to end milking solution for our customers.
There is the additional opportunity to upsell products and services given the high frequency of contact with our farmers as our ever-expanding product line now supports milk cooling and effluent/environmental related products
Key skills and experience to be successful in this role:
- Well organised and results orientated person who is confident and comfortable with a high degree of independence
- Technically minded and able to demonstrate excellent workmanship and problem-solving skills ’on the job’
- An excellent communicator via all mediums
- Someone who builds effective and enduring relationships internally and with our customers and dealers
- Logical, practical and with knowledge of the agricultural sector including dairy parlours and associated systems and processes (electrical/electronics knowledge highly advantageous)
- Physically fit and enjoys the ‘on farm’ environment
- Have a clean, current, full drivers’ licence
- Be prepared to undertake travel including some weekend work and some travel within Europe (as required) to meet our customer’s needs
Industry experience is highly valued, but most critically we require a positive, ‘can-do’ Technical Guru who relishes providing excellent field service, with strong communication skills to work collaboratively with the sales team and dealer network to deliver the total solution to our customers.
Full ‘on the job’ training will be provided together with a supportive team environment and a company that recognises strong performance and drive for results. We are looking for someone who can commit to our brand and develop and grow with us in this critical role.
In return we offer you the chance to work for a passionate and proud company with a great team of people. A competitive salary package (including company vehicle) is available for the right person.
If you think you have what it takes, then we would love to hear from you. Applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK or Ireland. Please note our pre-employment process includes a ministry of justice check.
To apply, contact Denise Thomas, Head of People & Capability (NZ) via email at email@example.com