Post date: 8 November 2021
Close date: 6 December 2021
Waikato Milking Systems is one of the world's leading designers and manufacturers of dairy systems and technology. Our focus is on high performing milking solutions and dairy technology including rotary milking systems, herringbone and parallel systems, dairy automation, milk yield recording, cow identification, animal heat and health systems, sorting and animal management, dairy management systems and milk cooling. Waikato Milking Systems global headquarters and engineering divisions are located in Hamilton, NZ with offices and Warehouses in Australia, USA, UK, Ireland, and China, with agents and customers in every dairying nation in the world.
This role has responsibility for technical support to our dealers and customers. The role is about building trust and long-term relationships with our dealers, customers, and sales personnel. It involves ensuring installations meet our standards, that we support our dealers (particularly on high end automation projects) and carry out technical visits to dealers and customers. You will never be short of a challenge in this exciting role.
Communication is 'key' as you interact face to face and digitally within market with our dealers, customers, and sales team members as well as with your NZ based manager and technical support peers worldwide; to ensure we provide the 'complete' end to end milking solution for our customers.
There will be the requirement to support our dealers and customers overseas at times as part of the team via virtual contact and our online customer support system. In the role, there is the additional opportunity to upsell products and services given the high frequency of contact with our farmers as our ever-expanding product line now supports milk cooling and effluent/environmental related products
Key skills and experience to be successful in this role:
- Well organised and results orientated person who is confident and comfortable with a high degree of independence
- Technically minded and able to demonstrate excellent workmanship and problem-solving skills 'on the job'
- An excellent communicator via all mediums
- Someone who builds effective and enduring relationships internally and with our customers and dealers
- Logical, practical and with knowledge of the agricultural sector including dairy parlours and associated systems and processes is preferred (electrical/electronic knowledge is a must!)
- Physically fit and enjoys the 'on farm' environment
- Have a clean, current, full drivers' licence
- Be prepared to undertake significant travel including some weekend work within NZ to meet our customer's needs
Industry experience is highly valued, but most critically we require a positive, 'can-do' Technical Guru who relishes providing excellent field service, with strong communication skills to work collaboratively with the sales team and dealer network to deliver the total solution to our customers.
Full 'on the job' training will be provided together with a supportive team environment and a company that recognises strong performance and drive for results. We are looking for someone who can commit to our brand and develop and grow with us in this critical role.
In return we offer you the chance to work for a passionate and proud company with a great team of people. A competitive salary package (including company vehicle) is on offer for the right person.
If you think you have what it takes, then we would love to hear from you. Applicants must have the right to live and work in NZ. Please note our pre-employment process includes a ministry of justice check.
For further details or to talk it over contact Diego Brandao, Head of Sales Support & Technical Services mailto:email@example.com or apply directly online.