Location: Hamilton, New Zealand
Post date: 28 June 2021
Close date: 27 July 2021
Waikato Milking Systems is a leading designer and manufacturer of ‘on farm’ dairy systems and technologies; with product offerings including milking parlours, automation, milk cooling and effluent and environmental solutions. Our focus is on innovation, performance and durability, and our products and expert dealership extends nationally and internationally throughout UK, Ireland, Europe, South Africa, South America, Latin America, Australia, Asia the US, and China. Our products are sought for reliability and durability.
We have a position available for an energetic and self-motivated individual to join our tight-knit team as a Stainless-Steel Grinder/Polisher within our Manufacturing division, based at our Horotiu Head Office.
In this role you will undertake stainless steel grinding, polishing, finishing and electropolishing of stainless-steel components to an exceptional standard. You will undertake quality checks pre-delivery and strong attention to detail.
A sound understanding of health and safety and enjoyment of the engineering workshop environment will be mission critical. There will also be opportunities to undertake general workshop duties as part of this role to develop and grow.
To be effective in this role you will need:
- A minimum of 12 months demonstrated experience as a Stainless-Steel Grinder/Polisher and/or experience within a panel beating environment
- Practical engineering experience; with a keen eye for detail
- Strong knowledge of sheet metal finishing
- Physically fit and committed to all health and safety protocols
- Comfortable and proficient with hand tools and handling metals
- Commitment to quality and continuous improvement
- Pride in your work and commitment to ensure an excellent finished product to our customers
So, if you have some related experience, a meticulous nature and enjoy ensuring the final product is at its absolute best before it leaves for its new home, then we are looking for you!
We are seeking someone with personal values that match ours; People first, Curious & Courageous, Pride, Agile, we find a way!
In return we can offer a chance to further develop your skills in a family-oriented, team first environment that celebrates employee service.
External applicants should note; our recruitment process includes a Ministry of Justice Check. Candidates must have the right to live and work in NZ.
Click on the links below to apply ‘online’ today.