Location: Hamilton, New Zealand
Post date: 2 June 2021
Close date: 2 July 2021
If translating technical jargon into common, practical language is your ‘happy place’ - then we have the perfect role for you!
Waikato Milking Systems is a NZ success story, now a world class business with a focus on innovation, performance and durability, whose products and expert dealership extends nationally and internationally throughout UK, Ireland, Europe, South Africa, South America, Latin America, Australia, Asia the US, and China.
We need a motivated and savvy Technical Writer to join the Product Development & System Engineering Team at Waikato Milking Systems, Horotiu.
This role calls on you to write fit for purpose ‘content’ in the form of manuals, datasheets, assembly guides and ‘how to’ videos that meets the needs of our target audience, our Technical Teams, dealers, and customers located locally and overseas.
Key to this role is translating complex product information into simple (step by step), polished, and engaging content for a range of audiences.
A background as a Technical Writer would be ideal, however there is the opportunity for the right candidate who has a demonstrated strength in writing, together with a passion for engineering and all things technical who is keen and motivated to meet tight deadlines to be considered for this role.
Mission critical are:
- A relevant tertiary qualification g., Engineering, English, Technology
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated writing experience e.g., manuals, training materials, guides, instructions
- Attention to detail including excellent proof-reading skills
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office
- Ability to understand technical information, map, and structure information effectively.
- Be approachable and flexible to meet deadlines
- A real team player who collaborates with others to get a great result
- Ability to create diagrams in CAD and/or knowledge of the ‘design for print’ process would be a real advantage but not mandatory
In addition, this role will support our current internal CPS (configure/price/quote) programme in conjunction with the Information Communication & Technology Team. The incumbent will input product data and critical changes to the CPS system to generate accurate and timely sales quoting for the business.
In return we offer the opportunity to work for a NZ owned, innovative and people focused company, within a ‘tight’ and focused team which recognises strong performance and drive for results. This role will offer personal professional development and growth for the successful candidate.
If this sounds like you, please apply today. Please note our pre-employment process includes a Ministry of Justice check. All candidates must have the right to live and work in NZ.
Click on the links below to apply ‘online’ today.