Increased Efficiency, reduced labour costs
The Orbit 5500 is an entry-level automated milking system that includes automatic cup removers to increase efficiency and reduce labour costs.
The Orbit rotary concrete platform is known for its strength and integrity, and has been designed to ensure excellent cow flow on and off the platform.
Utilising solid, proven technology the Orbit 5500 milking system provides you with a clean and efficient milking environment with easy access to milking equipment.
One operator control console is supplied with the platform and includes safety devices and protection equipment, while SmartFIT mounting systems make equipment installation quicker and maintenance easier.
See it in action
See how Orbit 5500 increases your efficiency and productivity and provides an efficient milking environment.
The Orbit 5500 provides entry-level automation to increase your milking efficiency and reduce labour costs.
A quiet, efficient milking environment
An easy-to-use milking platform utilising solid, proven technology for quiet and efficient milking.
Excellent cow flow and effluent run-off
The outward-facing sloping deck allows for easy entry and exit, while ensuring effluent runs to the outside of the platform.
Deck designed for protection and efficiency
The wide deck provides protection for milking and electronic equipment, and the unique ports allow for better cluster alignment and application.
• Lightweight and durable modular composite deck sections, resistant to urine and chemicals
• High Strength, more durable than concrete
• Hot dipped Galvanised modular sub frame which the composite deck segments attach to
• Rubber mats in every bail / stall
• Hot dipped galvanised inner and outer rim plates
• Hot dipped galvanised steel teardrop bail design ensures cow comfort and protects the milking equipment
• High strength steel rollers oil lubrication system
• Simple lubrication system
• Full circumference start/stop control and emergency stop cord
• Heavy Duty D-Gate with integrated water jet
• Standard Operator Console includes start/stop, speed control, platform reverse and emergency stop
• Entry crush switch for cow safety
• SmartFIT Brackets for faster on-farm setup
• Fully compatible with all Waikato Milking Systems’ milking automation technologies
• Fixed Roller under carriage
What you can add
These are some of the products you could add to your Orbit 5500
Electronic Milk Meter
Real-time milking data to monitor and improve your herd’s productivity and performance.
Improve your herd management decisions by monitoring every animal’s milking performance.
Maximise your herd performance and farm efficiency with 24/7 heat and health monitoring for every cow.
DairyHQ™ Dairy Management System
Drive your milking productivity and performance with intelligent and intuitive dairy management.